A new study of the maturity differences between genders reveals that men don’t grow up until the age of 43. That’s eleven years after women mature at age 32.
These women found burping, farting, eating fast food in the early hours, and playing video games to be particularly annoying.
One in four men were willing to admit to being immature. That’s twice as many as the women who would describe themselves the same way.
Can this difference in maturity levels be enough to end a relationship? Three in ten women reported ending a relationship because of losing their patience with an immature guy.
46% of women reported being in a relationship where they felt they had to mother their guy too much. The average woman had to tell her immature partner to act his age more than once a month.
But is an immature guy all that bad? There were some benefits reported. Four in ten people thought it kept the relationship fun and fresh. One in three people thought it helped in bonding with children.
Here are the top 20 signs your guy is immature:
- Finding their own farts and burps funny
- Eating fast food at 2 AM
- Playing video games
- Speeding or racing other cars at stoplights
- Laughing at inappropriate words
- Playing loud music in the car
- Playing pranks
- Trying to beat kids at games or sports
- Silent treatment during an argument
- Not being able to prepare simple meals
- Telling the same jokes and stories with the guys
- Doesn’t like talking about himself or having real conversations
- Won’t read because it’s boring
- Crazy moves on the dance floor
- Mom still does his laundry
- Mom still makes him breakfast or other meals
- Wearing sneakers to the club
- Owns a skateboard or BMX
- Doesn’t eat vegetables
- Changes jobs regularly
To read more about the study, click here.